Soup is nuts
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
I love soup, all kinds of soup, except for soup with onions in it. That's like putting poison in the well when Timmy is stuck down there. Anyway, I love soup. My favorites are the Steak and Potato soup from Campbell's Chunky land and the Traditional Chicken Noodle also from Campbell's Chunky land. I had a coupon and there was a sale (who isn't a sucker for a sale WITH a coupon?) and bought Progresso soups of the same ilk as Campbell's like Rich & Hearty - Steak & Roasted Russet Potatoes. Sounds good, right? You would be wrong and so was I. Sadly, I bought 4 cans of both steak and chicken and now I have to eat them all because a waster of food and money, I am not. Let's compare shall we?

Campbell's Steak and Potato
- Lovely, thick, savory, beef broth based soup that is perfect for bread dipping.
- Nice, big chunks of tender steak.
- Lovely potato cubes without that annoying skin.
- Hidden surprise mushroom pleasantness.

Progresso Steak & Roasted Russet Potato
- Thin, watery, bland tasting broth consistency soup that is definitely not compatible with my bread dipping.
- Itty-bitty, mouse bite sized, bits of dry steak. Seeing as steak is the first item listed in the name of the soup you would think to find plenty of it in the soup. Hahaha! Fooled you!
- Potato cubes with SKIN on them.
- Carrots. Okay, carrots are fine, but not nearly as pleasant as the surprise mushrooms.

Tomorrow we'll see how the Progresso Traditional Hearty Chicken & Rotini stacks up against the Campbell's Traditional Classic Chicken Noodle. I have my crackers ready for the crunching in the soup and it better not disappoint.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer