Bucket List
Monday, January 02, 2012
I look at Pinterest once in a while.

OK, maybe more than once in a while, but that's neither here, nor there. I keep seeing these pictures with big white words over them with some kind of bucket list type item. Some are cute, some are ridiculous, some are crazy, and some I've done already.

The genius, overachiever in me is tempted to pin all the ones I've done and put them in a board called, "Ha! Did it!" just to prove I'm all worldly and have made my life so fulfilling thus far. Then, I really started thinking about the ones I've done like, "Let my hair get really long", "Own the dog I've always wanted", "Be as white as Deeta Von Teese", "Order dessert first at a restaurant" when I realized something.

1. "Let my hair get really long" = I'm too cheap to pay for a haircut for 3 years. DONE!
2. "Own the dog I've always wanted" = Make a stupid bet with your husband that the pet store would never have a saint bernard puppy. If they do we'll get one even though we already have two semi large dogs in our small house with barely any yard. They'll never have one. Yeah, right. Her name was Becka and she liked to eat the drapes. DONE!
3. "Be as white as Deeta Von Teese" = hide in your home office playing video games and only go outside long enough to get in your car and go to work in the room with no windows. Repeat this for 4 years. DONE!
4. "Order dessert first at a restaurant" = doesn't everyone do this already? DONE! every time we go out to eat.

So, I decided to skip on creating that particular Pinterest board. I'll stick with pinning crafts I'll never have time to make and inspiration ideas for the kitchen and bathroom remodels that may or may not happen in 10-15 years.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer