Let me google that for you.
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
If you didn't already know it, I work in IT, at the help desk and no, I'm not in India. I get phone calls all the time asking me stupid questions that I turn around and go to Google to get the answer. I have been doing this for years. I'm getting paid to Google. What could be better than that?

My co-worker for the past 3 years would ask me a question that she doesn't know the answer to and I would turn around, type on my computer, turn back around and give her the answer. She finally got curious last year and asked what I was doing. I had to tell her the truth. I'm googling.

Google hasn't failed me yet. Every time someone asked me something I can't immediately recall, Google is there. When someone has some obscure question about hacking Windows, Google is there. When someone is encountering an error that doesn't make any sense, Google is there.

When someone calls me asking for the phone number to some other company that isn't our company (much like the call I just got and I still can't figure out what is wrong with people's fingers that they can dial a phone, but can't type google.com)... Oh sure, just let me Google that for you.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer